Remembering a remarkable woman

Remembering a remarkable woman
Grandma Sarah at 16 with her cousin May

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Sarah and Romey in their 50s


Caption: "This was out on the farm, looking toward the creek --
so I must have been in my 50s.
"

This is exactly how I remember Pop (Roman Slabaugh). Pop left us when I was 9 in 1968. Before he left, though, he showed us what a great Grandpa he was by building us a tree house, a sandbox in a big tire, and various swings in the barn. He had a big Weimaraner dog named Coke. Coke was a nice dog, but he always scared me. I never saw him outside of this huge pen by the garage.

Thanks to Lisa Ussery Boyd for sending this photo along. We need more photos and memories added to this blog! If you need help publishing or getting images scanned, just drop me a line at lorin.yeater@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog